Protecting business critical IT
When buying and deploying server or network equipment it is important to realise that this is just the starting point for managing and maintaining business critical equipment throughout its lifecycle.
Marathon’s Server and Network Monitoring service takes away the management headache as you can be rest assured that we will be monitoring the status and performance of the equipment on your behalf 24x7x365.
If anything is about to fail or is running low on resources we will proactively alert you and between us we can plan for an upgrade or schedule maintenance and housekeeping tasks to avoid business disruption.
The service is paid for, in advance, on an annual subscription and based on the number of devices that need to be monitored. Simply let us know when you are installing new equipment and we will be monitoring that equipment, usually, within the hour.
What are the benefits?
- Minimise the risks associated with new technology implementation
- Accelerated deployment and decrease project timelines
- Allows your IT resources to stay focused on their core tasks and priorities
- Ensure that your investment in IT is sustainable and best value
- Have confidence that your business critical IT systems are being monitored at all times, day and night
- The monitoring agents are simple and quick to install with no business impact
- Remote monitoring 24x7x365
- Proactive alerts can be emailed to internal IT staff automatically or our Helpdesk will contact you directly
- Trend analysis helps clients to plan ahead and ensure that business critical server and networking equipment is maintained in a healthy state at all times.
- Our Hardware and Software discovery reports will aid asset management .
Comprehensive Reports and proactive alerts including:
- Resource Utilisation (CPU Utilisation, Memory Usage, Hard Disk Usage)
- Server availability / unavailability report
- Microsoft Patch status report
- Hardware upgrade planning report (capacity planning)
- Software OS versions per server
- Capacity Planning Report
Network Equipment Monitoring
- Bandwidth Utilisation
- Traffic IO
- Network Health overview report (AD, DNS, HTTP)
- Packet Loss
- Incoming traffic
- Outgoing traffic
- Trend reporting for all the above to enable scheduled and manageable upgrades as required
- The monitoring service currently only supports a Windows Server platform
- Marathon may require temporary, remote administrative access to the servers and equipment to be monitored
- For network device monitoring a SNMP agent needs to be deployed on a Windows server platform
- Add in a managed service or support contract and we will not only monitor and report on device alerts but take care of any issues that arise from them (replacement equipment not included)
- Marathon can also deliver, install and configure your Server and Networking equipment for you providing a total IT business critical equipment lifecycle management capability